School Year Calendars
Approved 2016-2017 School Year Calendars
Below you will find the approved 2016-2017 SCDSB School Year Calendars.
2016-2017 Regular School Year Calendar
2016-2017 Modified School Year Calendar (Ernest Cumberland ONLY)
2016-2017 Highlights (Regular Calendar)
- First day of school: Tuesday, September 6, 2016
- Winter Break: December 26, 2016 - January 6, 2017
- March Break: March 13-17, 2017
- Last day for elementary students: Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Last day for secondary students: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
The Elementary Turn-Around Day is the date that teachers report to their new classroom assignments based on adjusted staffing allocations in schools (changes due to student enrolment).
The Secondary Full Disclosure Day is the last date by which high school courses can be dropped and will not show on a student’s transcript.
Student report card schedules and assessment information can be found on our Curriculum and Assessment page.
Holy Days and Holidays Calendar
View our Holy Days and Holidays Calendar page to view the July 2015 - December 2016 calendar, and descriptions of all the significant dates that the SCDSB recognizes.
The students and staff of the Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) represent a rich diversity of faith traditions. This calendar helps identify some of the important days of commemoration, however it isn’t designed to be a complete listing of religious days. Students and staff from a particular faith background may or may not be absent from school on these special days. If they do attend, certain accommodations may be required.
The expectation is that SCDSB schools and worksites not schedule events on significant holy days (marked in bold in the calendar) that would exclude observing staff and students from participating.
For further information, please visit our Holy Days and Holidays page or contact our Itinerant Resource Teacher - Equity and Inclusion, at 705-734-6363, ext. 11859.
Please note, the Ministry of Education provides the following guidelines to boards as they develop their calendars:
- Students must have a minimum of 188 Instructional Days.
- A maximum of six (6) Professional Activity (PA) Days are permitted.
- Secondary schools are permitted a maximum of ten (10) Evaluation Days (not necessarily placed at the end of the semester).
- The school year shall commence on or after the first day of September and end on or before the 30th day of June.