Community Use of Schools
Through our Community Use of Schools program, almost all of our school spaces are available outside of school hours for not-for-profit community groups. Our gyms, fields, auditoriums and classrooms are available for your sporting events, concerts, recitals and more. Check out photos of some of our facilities in our Facebook album
Printable lists of all SCDSB elementary and secondary schools, including addresses, are available on our Schools page
Submit your permit application online
Please apply online for a permit
If you have any questions please contact the permit office (contact information is listed below).
What happens next?
A Permit Clerk will process the application and advise the applicant if the facility is available at the requested time. Once an application is approved, a rental contract will be issued and the applicant will be invoiced. A schedule of fees can be found on pages 10-16 of APM A1220.
- Please make an appointment before attending the Permit Office by using the contact information below.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, and an individual of 18 years of age or older must be in attendance for the duration of the rental contract.
- No rental contracts will be available during Professional Activity (PA) Days, Christmas Break, March Break, Easter Monday and statutory holidays, except for rental contracts to carry out religious services.
- Rental contracts will not be granted for the use of school facilities during the two weeks prior to the end of the school year, regularly scheduled maintenance projects, two weeks prior to the school year commencing and during the first week of school.
- All rental contract holders must have liability insurance of at least $2 million and name the Simcoe County District School Board as Additional Insured.
Complete List of Permit Rules
If you wish to purchase insurance please follow these steps:
- Wait to receive an eBASE notification by email indicating that your permit has been placed 'on hold' pending the provision of an insurance certificate.
- Purchase insurance directly from AON Reed Stenhouse. They are available to answer any questions you might have.
- Upload your Certificate of Insurance into eBASE and enter your insurance details.
Barrie, Clearview, Collingwood area schools
705-734-6363, ext. 11339
Adjala-Tosorontio, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Essa, Innisfil, Midland, New Tecumseth, Orillia, Oro-Medonte, Penetanguishene, Ramara, Severn, Springwater, Tay, Tiny and Wasaga Beach area schools
705-734-6363 ext. 11372
Manager of Planning, Enrolment and Community Use
705-734-6363, ext. 11513
Community and Facility Use Coordinator (Outreach Coordinator)
Partnership opportunity inquiries
- Spring 2015Issue 8
- Fall 2015 Frequently Asked Questions - Permits and Facility Use